Help:IPA for Korean
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Wikipedia:IPA for Korean)
See Korean phonology for a more thorough look at the sounds of Korean.
- Allophone of /p/ between voiced sounds.
- Allophone of /t/ between voiced sounds.
- Allophone of /tɕ/ between voiced sounds.
- Allophone of /k/ between voiced sounds.
- Spelled by doubling the short line on the vowel.
- ㅋ is k at the end of a syllable.
- ㄹ is l at the end of a syllable. ㄹㄴ and ㄴㄹ may be [l:].
- ㅂ is m before n or m.
- ㄹ may be n at the start of a word. ㄷ, ㅅ, ㅈ are n before n or m.
- ㅇ is only ŋ at the end of a syllable. ㄱ is ŋ before n, m or ɾ.
- ㅍ is p at the end of a syllable.
- Allophone of /s/ before /i/ and /j/.
- Allophone of /s͈/ before /i/ and /j/.
- All are [t] and RR t at the end of a syllable.
- Spelled ㅜ before ʌ, e, i; ㅗ before ɛ, e, a
- Lee, Hyun-bok (1999). "An IPA Illustration of Korean". Handbook of the International Phonetic Association.
- Lee, Hyun-bok (2002). "음성의 연구와 음성의 표기법" [Phonetic Notation in Phonetic Research]. INTERSPEECH-2002.
- Lee, Hyun-bok (2004). "In search of a universal phonetic alphabet – theory and application of an organic visible speech". INTERSPEECH-2004.
- Sohn, Ho-min (2001). The Korean Language. Cambridge language surveys. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0521369436.