|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|Power Rangers Wild Force|
|Created by||Haim Saban|
|Directed by||Koichi Sakamoto
|Starring||Ricardo Medina, Jr.
Ann Marie Crouch
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||40 (List of episodes)|
|Location(s)||Los Angeles, California|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Saban Entertainment
Renaissance Atlantic Entertainment
Toei Company, Ltd.
MMPR Productions, Inc.
|Original channel||FOX (Fox Kids) (Ep 1-26)
ABC (ABC Kids) (Ep 27-40)
|Original run||February 9, 2002– November 16, 2002|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers Time Force|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Ninja Storm|
Power Rangers Wild Force is an American television series and the tenth season and anniversary of the Power Rangers franchise, based on the Super Sentai series Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger, which itself was the 25th anniversary of Super Sentai.
Power Rangers Wild Force takes place in 2002. The first part of the series was originally broadcast from February to August 2002 on the Fox Kids television block. Following the sale of Fox Family Worldwide (renamed ABC Family Worldwide) including Saban Entertainment (renamed BVS Entertainment) to Disney by Haim Saban and News Corporation, Fox Network's parent company, the show was moved in the fall 2002 to ABC's new Saturday morning block, ABC Kids (formerly Disney's One Saturday Morning).
Wild Force was the first and only season to be under the copyright of Disney Enterprises. Disney had bought Power Rangers (along with other Saban properties) at the end of Power Rangers Time Force. It was the last season to be produced in the United States by MMPR Productions as pre-production for Wild Force began before the buyout as well as they still had a contract for Fox Kids. When this expired, the series moved to ABC Kids in September 2002. Following this season, production of the Power Rangers franchise moved from Los Angeles to New Zealand, which resulted in many crew members and all voice actors being laid off.
Wild Force was the last series created by Saban Entertainment before Disney acquired the franchise at the end of 2001. Saban produced the pre-production, the promos of the series, created the logo and a song that was introduced in the end of the episode "The End of Time, Pt. 3" of Power Rangers Time Force. Saban sold their properties to Disney when the shooting of Wild Force began, so now the series was owned by Disney but produced by MMPR Productions, which still has remnants of Saban.
The series follows the adventure of Cole Evans, who had been staying with a tribe in a jungle for many years, as he tries to find his destiny in the fictitious town of Turtle Cove. He encounters the Animarium, a place that many believed to be a fairy tale. He joins four others who had a common path to become the new leader of the Wild Force Power Rangers.
The Animarium is an island that floats in the sky. It is shaped like a turtle and is the home of the Wild Zords and the Princess Shayla, the Rangers' mentor. (It is unclear how the Rangers travel between the Animarium and the Earth surface, but in one of the last episodes Merrick and Kite are teleported onto the Animarium, so presumably they used the same teleportation throughout the rest of the series.)
The Power Rangers use their powers to defeat the forces of the Orgs, led by one Master Org. As Cole was fond of other animals, he was shocked to discover that the Orgs were heartless monsters. As the series continues, he finds out the truth about his real parents: his parents, Richard and Elizabeth Evans, were professors at Turtle Cove University, along with a family friend, Viktor Adler. When they were sent to the jungle for research, they discover the remains of Master Org, in which a jealous Adler consumes in order to exact revenge on Richard, who had proposed to Elizabeth before he could. However, Adler goes insane, and kills both Richard and Elizabeth. For a while, their newborn son, Cole, was also presumed dead.
In addition to the annual team-up episodes, Power Rangers Wild Force also had a special episode commemorating it as the tenth incarnation, Forever Red, by having Cole team up with the nine Red Rangers before him, (in order of incarnations, Jason Lee Scott, Aurico, Tommy Oliver, Theodore J. Jarvis Johnson, Andros, Leo Corbett, Carter Grayson, Wesley Collins and Eric Myers), in order to prevent the remaining generals of the Machine Empire from unearthing and reactivating Lord Zedd's zord, Serpentera, which had been left buried on the moon.
Wild Force Rangers
- Ricardo Medina, Jr. as Cole Evans, the Red Wild Force Ranger.
- Phillip Jeanmarie as Max Cooper, the Blue Wild Force Ranger.
- Alyson Kiperman as Taylor Earhardt, the Yellow Wild Force Ranger.
- Jack Guzman as Danny Delgado, the Black Wild Force Ranger.
- Jessica Rey as Alyssa Enrilé, the White Wild Force Ranger.
- Philip Andrew as Merrick Baliton, the Lunar Wolf Ranger.
- Ann Marie Crouch as Princess Shayla
- Charles Gideon Davis as the voice of Animus
- Forever Red Rangers
- Austin St. John as Jason Lee Scott, the original Red Ranger, and previously the second Gold Ranger.
- Christopher Glenn as Aurico, the Red Aquitian Ranger.
- Jason David Frank as Tommy Oliver, the Zeo Ranger V Red and previously the Green Ranger, the White Ranger, and the first Red Turbo Ranger.
- Selwyn Ward as Theodore Jay "T.J." Jarvis Johnson, the second Red Turbo Ranger, and previously the Blue Space Ranger.
- Christopher Khayman Lee as Andros, the Red Space Ranger.
- Danny Slavin as Leo Corbett, the Red Galaxy Ranger.
- Sean Cw Johnson as Carter Grayson, the Red Lightspeed Ranger.
- Jason Faunt as Wesley "Wes" Collins, the Red Time Force Ranger.
- Daniel Southworth as Eric Myers, the Quantum Ranger.
- Ilia Volok as Master Org
- Sin Wong as Toxica
- Richard Cansino as the voice of Jindrax
- Michael Sorich as the voice of Retinax
- Ken Merckx as the voice of Nayzor
- Ezra Weisz and Barbara Goodson as the voices of Mandilok
- Dan Woren as the voice of Zen-Aku (original)
- Lex Lang as the voice of Zen-Aku (later)
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Power Rangers Wild Force|