Kahar and I will host a 3-day-workshop on Xingyi Wuxingquan at Sabah Martial Arts Training Centre, Kota Kinabalu which will run from the 16th to 18th of September 2011. Although Xingyiquan is known as one of the four most famous Chinese martial arts (the others are Shaolinquan, Taijiquan and Baguazhang), it is almost unheard of to most martial artists in Malaysia. The aim of this workshop is to introduce the basic of Xingyiquan to the general martial artists in Sabah.
Sabah Xingyiquan Workshop 2011: Xingyi Wuxingquan in a Nutshell
This workshop will be worked in a small group manner with a maximum of 15 people in order to assure all participants get the most out of it.
- Friday, 16th September, 9:00am – 5:00pm (Public Holiday: Malaysia Day)
- Saturday, 17th September, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Sunday, 18th September, 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Sabah Martial Arts Training Centre
Lot 9, 2nd Floor, Block A, Jalan Bundusan Square,
Bundusan Square, Penampang,
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah 88300
- Xingyiquan basic exercise and Zhanzhuang
- Xingyi Wuxingquan (Five-Element-Fist)
- Xingyi Wuxing Lianhuanquan (Five-Element-Linking-Form)
- Xingyiquan Combat Principles
- Standard Enrollment: RM120.00
- Early bird Enrollment: RM90.00 (before 10th September 2011)
- SMATC Member: RM60.00
Enrollment and Inquiry
- Enrollment & Inquiry: Mr Lew Kun Yet of Sabah Martial Arts Training Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Inquiry: Dennis via XingyiMax.com Contact form
- General Inquiry: Facebook Event Page
Who should join this Xingyiquan workshop?
If you are from a martial art of other field who are interested in internal martial arts and would like to have a bit of cross-training in internal martial arts besides your usual training, then this workshop is for you.
If you have other internal martial arts background and would like to bridge the gab of your current art(s), then this workshop will satisfy your needs. Please note that Xingyi Wuxingquan has been utilized as part of the basic training by a lot of martial artists and teachers of other internal martial arts such as, Taijiquan and Baguqzhang.
If you do not have previous martial arts experience who are interested in Xingyiquan and would like get a start, then this workshop is a starter for you. Please make sure you are physically sound before the workshop, 3-full-day-training is extremely taxing to your body if you are out of shape.
You will not get a lot of benefit immediately after the workshop, it requires continuous training, if you cannot dedicate a minimum of half an hour a day on Xingyi Wuxingquan practice, please do not waste your money and time.
About Xingyi Wuxingquan
Wuxingquan (Five-Element-Fist) is the foundation of Xingyiquan. Wuxingquan consists of five single movements that trains you how to focus and transform your energy forwards.
About Xingyi Wuxing Lianhuanquan
Wuxing Lianhuanquan (Five-Element-Linking-Form) is a short form which links the five techniques of Wuxingquan together.